ALGIERS- President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune on Tuesday received in audience representatives of employers' confederations, the presidency of the Republic said in a statement.
"President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune received in audience on Tuesday representatives of employers' confederations for the consideration of issues relating to the revival of the national economy," the statement said.
"At the beginning of the audience, the heads of the employers' confederations expressed their thanks to the president of the Republic for involving them in the execution of the economic recovery plan."
"After comprehensive presentations by the confederations' representatives on the situation of their industrial and economic activities, the president of the Republic gave the following guidelines:
- To work more closely to increase national production in the public and private sectors, and to preserve jobs in the various economic and industrial sectors, in the light of the significant improvement in the health situation that is likely to boost the economic dynamics, especially in the fields that are directly related to people's daily life.
- Continue to improve, develop and diversify the agricultural production to include currently imported products, such as milk powder, meat, oil and livestock feed.
- Launch the export of locally produced products and reach in 2021 an increase of two to three billion dollars, and four billion dollars in non-hydrocarbon exports, with a particular focus on exporting to African countries and establishing branches of Algerian banks.
President Tebboune instructed the banking sector to play a more effective role in supporting domestic production and facilitate the task for domestic investors.
- To eliminate all forms of bureaucracy and the slow procedures which hinder the national economy.
- Accelerate the digitization, mainly in the finance sector, and especially estates, taxes and customs, in order to achieve transparency in all transactions.
With respect to land, the president of the Republic gave instructions to take all the necessary measures, at both central and local levels, to facilitate the access to land required for domiciliation of investments and the creation of new jobs throughout the national territory.
President Tebboune said the future of the national economy lies in the development of a competitive industry, diversified agriculture and a developed tertiary sector, as a real and sustainable alternative to escape excessive dependence on hydrocarbons."